Saturday, April 4, 2009

The night when everything went wrong...

It happened on a Thursday almost a week ago, but I feel a need to translate that experience into words on this blog.

Needless to say everything went wrong that night.

It all started with a dead cow. Yes, a huge, dead cow, lying on the road, in the darkness of the night, it's dead eyes and broken neck staring straight at me in the car's headlight.

Creepy is an understatement. That is beyond creepy.

My immediate reaction is to swerve. I immediately turned my steering wheel left and avoided hitting the carcass.

Lucky me. 

Unlucky cow.

Little did I know the string of bad luck is not going to end just yet.

After a few kilometres, I saw a hazard light signal on the road. I slowed down just to see two pakciks waving to us and gesturing to a huge tree that have fallen across the road.

And the weird thing is that night, there's no thunderstorm or anything that would have caused that particular tree to happen to fall on that particular road on that particular night when I was driving. And if it doesn't smell fishy I don't know what it is.

The third times the charm. That what's people say. And I really believe it. Not to mention that bad luck comes in threes. Call me superstitious or anything, but usually events happening around me follows that formula to the dot. Self-fulfilling prophecy or whatever it is, that night proves that three is not a very good number to me.

I was just about to reverse the car after sending my passenger back to her home when the right tyre went down and the car went crack. I tried to reverse again but it's stuck. Great. Just my luck to get stuck there when I have to get back in 45 minutes.

Just my luck.

To be continued....

No comments:

Stalkers?? hehee

disclaimer

The wallpaper used is taken from devianart. Titled WhereIsTheLove2 by PhysicalMagic. I do not make any money from this blog so don't sue me please.