Sunday, August 31, 2008

Neighbours!

Living in apartment,does have it's ups and downs. And encounters with weird neighbour.

For example the next door neighbour that just moved in several months ago. From the balcony I could see him playing WOW, 24/7. He and his wife, (I assumed they are married) never went out of their house, ever. They have their papers delivered at their doorstep (I took a peek at their paper every morning),and they have their food and groceries (like ciggarettes) delivered too.

My mom said they must have been internet millionaires.
Probably.

And their apartment emmitted a strange smell, like a mixture of tobacco and air condition. My dad sniffed at that smell once and curled his lips in disgust.

He said it's not the smell of cigarettes, but of weed and pot.
Probably.

This one time I went out at night to throw the garbage, and I found myself coming out at the same time with my neighbour. He took one look at me and quickly diverted his gaze, and stared at the floor.

It's like he's scared of any eye contact.
Weirdo.

And this neighbour we have one floor up. I always heard noises, like things dropping and chairs dragging, and heavy footsteps, and all of this happened in the middle of the night. It's weird because during the day, I could swear there's not a peep from them.

They only made noises at nighttime. 2 am and onwards.

Last night at around 30 minutes after the fireworks for the Merdeka celebration ends, I was surfing the net and downloading things, when this godawful banging and hammering started, louder than ever before. They were banging something on the floor, and the noise are deafening. For 40 minutes it went on, only getting louder and louder.

My sis knocked on the door, asked if I heard that. Duhh, of course! It's loud. We went to investigate. The noise comes from the kitchen ceiling. My sis took a broom and knocked on the seiling, yelling for them to shut up. No use. Of course they couldn't hear us. They were knocking and hammering away.

I joked to my sis that they are using a mortar and pestle to make sambal. At 2 am in the morning.

Then someone knocked on our door. My sis answered, and there's someone asking if we were the one making that noise. He's from one floor down.

It's so loud till someone from 2 levels below can hear it. So my sis and that person went up to knock on that noisy household's door. My sis told me there's this married couple who answered the door with a happy smile plastered on their face.

"Are you guys the one who made all the noise?" my sis asked.

"Yes" they answered happily.

"Please shut up! It's late!" both my sis and that other neighbor said.

I wish I was with them. I would like to ask. What are they doing? Late night renovation works? Cooking? Murdering their maid? Some kinky game?

Nobody knows.

And regarding that house on the hills. I could see from my room's window. They are back last week. With more canopies, the house are having another 'kenduri'. with lots of cars coming and going till late night.And suddenly last night they were gone, again.

Weird.

Life is weird.

But neighbors are even weirder.

No comments:

Stalkers?? hehee

disclaimer

The wallpaper used is taken from devianart. Titled WhereIsTheLove2 by PhysicalMagic. I do not make any money from this blog so don't sue me please.