Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Genting

Today is the day my mom, my sis and I went to Genting Highlands. Why? Because we're bored and we have nothing else better to do. And because my sis wanted to go to the chocolate wonderland and snow world.

First since it's near to the entrance, we went to the Beryl's chocolate wonderland. I was expecting Charlie and the chocolate factory. I was mistaken. The place is seriously overrated. It's small, we finished going around it in about 10 minutes. The only good thing about it is that you can buy Beryl's chocolates. They offer a lot of variety here, and some chocolates I don't think I've seen offered by any ordinary store elsewhere. So if you love chocolates, visit this place and buy lots!


I just love the chocolate eggs here. Lucky it's not real or else I might steal one...


After that we decided to skip most rides and went to the Snow World in the indoor theme park. The ticket price is RM15 (after discounts) and we rushed in to grab the snow coat, snow boots and gloves. My sis and I are the unlucky one to get cold and wet boots. Not only is it squishy, it smells like other people's sweaty foot. Ewww. Lucky the gloves are warm.

If you want to enter snow world next time please wear sneakers so you don't have to use their snow boots. Believe me it's disgusting. My mom was lucky since she got a nice dry pair of boots. Oh and if you want to know, no camera's are allowed in. If you want photos you have to tell their photographers to snap some pics, and you have to buy them outside. It cost's from RM18 for 4R I think. Such sharp business skills.

The entrance looks like the meat locker's door, and upon entering the snow world I feel like I have stumbled in...a freezer. It was -5c and I was freezing my nose off. I kicked a snow pile and grabbed some of the 'snow. It is like ice shavings mixed with salt. This ain't no snow. But the temperature is really something. The only activity there is the toboggan slide. It's like the water slide only it's ice instead. I froze my butt going down the ride.

Then we got bored. We got free complimentary yogurt drink and sipped it to pass the time. Then we went out. Immediately my sis and I threw our boots back to the counter and washed our feet with soap. We went out and since we were famished, we went to a restaurant.


Kung pao chicken with rice. Yummy.


After eating we went on rides at the outdoor park. I went to queue on the bumper boat ride and I witnessed a teenage boy fall in the lake while trying to get off the bumper boat. plop! He was dragged up by two staff with much difficulty. That made me extra careful boarding the boat.

The rides closed down and we all went home. On the way home we stopped by giant batu caves to buy some groceries. One staff saw the wristband that I still have on and remarked on it. "Hey, baru balik dr Genting?" Oh my god I was so embarrassed.



So guys remember to remove the wrist tag immediately after leaving Genting to avoid further embarrassment.

p.s: went home and pengsan till tomorrow.

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Afifah Suraya said...

Opsss, aku g naek roller coaster jer...mana g shopping pon. takpa ahad nie aku g redang aku kutip siput bg naa

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Afifah Suraya said...

rantai? tebuk satu wat loket cukup kot haahaahaa

Stalkers?? hehee

disclaimer

The wallpaper used is taken from devianart. Titled WhereIsTheLove2 by PhysicalMagic. I do not make any money from this blog so don't sue me please.